TTGOG Scholars is a scholarship program of Through the Game of Golf, Inc. It is a scholarship program dedicated to helping high school seniors in financial need who wish to pursue higher education at an accredited college or university. Scholarship recipients may pursue any course of instruction leading to a bachelor’s degree or any other course of instruction meeting the scholarship committee’s approval. We will provide assistance to deserving students in the Palm Beach County and surrounding areas in meeting their needs through our scholarship program. Our goal is to help qualified students within our community achieve their career goals, an objective which has the added benefit of improving the community as well. In short, our mission is to ensure that no deserving scholar in our community will be deprived of higher education because of a shortage of funds.
- Minimum of 2.5 unweighted GPA
- Minimum of 50 community service hours documented on official High School transcript
- Enrolled in an accredited public, charter, parochial, or private school in Florida
- Proof of acceptance by a college or university
- Demonstrates accomplishments in specialized talents, leadership, extracurricular activities, athletics, and/or community service
Criteria for Awarding Scholarships
- Academic record
- Completed TTGOG Scholars Application
- Letters of Recommendation
- Volunteer involvement
How to Apply
- Complete the 2021 TTGOG Scholarship Application
- A typed essay (600 words max) on the chosen topic listed on the TTGOG Scholars Application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation – one letter MUST be from a teacher or school administrator, the others are the applicant’s choice but must be from non-family members. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Proof of acceptance from an accredited college or university
- You must submit all required information along with the application, or the application will not be considered.
The Scholarship Review Committee will review all applications after the close of the application deadline which is April 15th.
The Scholarship Review Committee will notify all scholars if their application packet has been accepted. If accepted, the scholar will be given a date and time for an interview with the TTGOG Scholarship Review Committee, after which a determination will be made on the scholarship awards.
THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS OR APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OR ELIGIBILITY.
The application packet may be returned via the following:
- In person to any TTGOG member
- By mail to: Through the Game of Golf, Inc., ATTN: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 541327, Greenacres, FL 33454